Services may be covered by your health insurance. If you plan on using your health insurance, please call your health insurance company before your first appointment to determine your benefits. The phone number is usually on the back of your insurance card. Please ask the insurance representative the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- Is the therapist (Dr. Jeff Feathergill, Dr. Susan Feathergill, Dr. Greg Essig, Ms. Kate Bowers or Dr. Jennifer Cummings), in my network?
- If yes, what is my co-pay or co-insurance?
- If not, how much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- Is authorization required? If so, will your insurance company provide you with an authorization number at the time of your call? Please write it down, and provide it when you call us.
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
The following terms are important to determine if you will be using insurance.
In-network: The therapists at Feathergill and Associates are in-network providers with several health insurance plans. When your therapist is in-network a discount is usually applied to our fees. If you are using insurance, and your therapist is "In-network" you will only be responsible for your deductible, and the co-pay, or the percent due for your co-insurance. We will submit claims for services to your insurance company. Co-pays are due at the time of service. Co-insurance is due once we receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statement from your insurance company.
Out-of-Network: If you plan on using your insurance, and your therapist is "out-of-network," the full fee (below) will apply and payment in full is due at the time the services is provided. We will provide you with a statement that you may send to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Medicare: We are not providers in the Medicare System. We may provide services to Medicare members utilizing a private contract that is paid directly by the client. Neither Feathergill and Associates or the client may submit bills to Medicare if a Private Contract is established. Referrals to a Medicare Provider in the area may be provided if a potential client would prefer to use their Medicare Insurance.
Medicaid: We are not providers in the Medicaid System. Please contact your Medicaid insurance carrier for a list of providers in our area.
If you do not want to use your insurance, please discuss this with your therapist.
Fees: Our usual and customary fees are as follows: (If using "in-network" insurance fees will typically be reduced)
- $190 for the first 1 hour clinical interview
- $180 for 60 minute psychotherapy sessions
- $135 for 45 minute psychotherapy sessions
- $180 for family psychotherapy sessions
- $180/hr for psychological testing
Social Workers and Master's Level Counselors:
- $160.00 for the first 1 hour clinical interview
- $150 for 60 minute psychotherapy sessions
- $112.50 for 45 minute psychotherapy sessions
- $150 for family psychotherapy sessions
Cash, personal checks, bank-checks, and credit cards are accepted forms of payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, or you have not notified us at least 48 hours in advance, you will be required to pay a $100.00 late cancellation or no-show fee.
To Schedule an initial appointment, please call 574-282-1090, x.1 If you schedule an appointment with a therapist, please refer to the the Billing and Insurance Policies Consent Form on the New Client Forms Tab. Please print these out, complete them in advance, and bring them with you to the first session. Thank you.